People often ask us how they can help our organization, especially if they live far away from Indonesia, where orangutans reside. There are still many things you can do to support the cause and help us conserve the orangutans of Gunung Palung National Park!
- Learn more about orangutans, their ecology, and the conservation threats they face and encourage others to do the same.
- Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news from Gunung Palung, then share our updates with your friends!
- Engage with orangutan, great ape, and biodiversity conservation groups on social media.
- Visit your local zoo or wildlife park to see these amazing red apes in action–what do you observe about their behavior? Take photos and tag us in Social Media! #savegporangutans
- Check out campaigns and partners that support GPOCP (such as Slothgrip with their new charity Leaf Patches that are helping us aquire Fire Prevention Kits for fighting forest fires in the upcoming dry season
- Be conscious of the products you buy. Many common foods and other products contain palm oil, and by avoiding these items you can send a message to major manufacturers that consumers care about habitat destruction. This guide from the Orangutan Conservancy is a good summary of things to watch out for.